Welcome to Glommers Timber

Glommers Timber AB is situated in the picturesque village of Glommersträsk in Norrland. Glommersträsk is an urban area in Arvidsjaur municipality, 45 km southeast of Arvidsjaur, and is located in the county of Norrbotten. The locality, which locals usually call Glommers, celebrated its 250th anniversary in 2007. In 2008, Glommersträsk was voted Village of the Year in Norrbotten by county governor Per-Ola Eriksson. Glommersträsk is situated close to good infrastructure.

The sawmill makes up an important part of a vibrant community - a community with a strong spirit, where nothing is impossible.

The business concept is to saw and dry customized dimensions. The base is the unique quality of the raw materials from forests of  Norrland (harvested locally) in combination with skilled and committed employees.

Activities are currently focused on blocks – i.e. log dimensions up to 20 cm.

During the 2018 fiscal year, we had a turnover of around SEK 60 million and where approximately 40,000 cubic meters of timber was sawn. 80% of sales consisted of sawn timber products – and the remaining 20% of byproducts. Approximately 50% of sales are exported.  At the present time we employ more than 20 people.

Comprehensive investments were made in the spring/summer of 2018 with the aim of increasing capacity and efficiency.

The planned turnover for the 2019 fiscal year is SEK 80 million. We will also expand our product offering with numerous services – for example new and innovative logistic solutions. Additional investments are planned for the spring/summer 2019.